Qns: How long can a friendship lasts?


Ans: A friendship can last as long as the effort lasts.



Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Trips and Lunch at Jade

Wa. Im just the correct person to go London with. Cool!!!! *In a small voice* we can go to the filming sites of Harry Potter! And Italy must be included in the itinerary leh. And of cuz France as well, cuz we gotta be there to get our LVs!
3 countries, ten days leave and two weekends…make up 14 days.
Perfect for a Europe trip.
Onz?
Ive actually checked with Song and DY previously if they are interested to go Liverpool next year. But they both feedback that Year 2009 might be a better year to go Europe… so I guess I will just look around for other traveling companions.

Btw Pinky, L asked if we would like to join him and CL on their next trip to Japan in Apr. I already said NO to him and that both you and me, we are definitely going to Japan this Dec. Despite not going there in the best of season and according to L, expensive place to visit for snow viewing.
Heck.
We just want to be there, right?
White xmas!!

***

I thought this might be interesting enough to share:
I mentioned I was at Jade restaurant at Fullerton having lunch and celebrating my colleague’s birthday yesterday.
It’s a restaurant that serves Chinese food and at the most premium pricing among the Tung Lok Group restaurant.

Years back when I was doing my Paper 2.5 (A paper on accounting standards), the future-to-be-Dr Kwan is my lecturer den, and he encouraged us by offering a prize to the number-one scholar for this paper- A meal with him at Jade Fullerton!

Ok good enough I reckon, not dining at the restaurant only but also to be able to eat with him! My new target was set immediately. Haha. But but but, I eventually didn’t get what I aimed for, but simply scrape pass the paper with a mere 58 mark.

But deeply embossed in my head, one day, maybe I can have the chance to dine at Jade too,… meal at Jade, meal at Jade, meal at Jade with James. Hahahaha. And I was so excited the first time I was going to dine at Jade for a work lunch months back. (Yesterday was the second time). And anyway, the food:

Nearly all of us we had the set lunch, which consists of 6 dishes of dim sum, fish, prawns, veggies, shark fin soup (all at a miserably small but really really delicious portion) and some sort of coconut almond cream paste for dessert priced at S$68.00 per set, accompanied by a glass of fruit juice at S$8.80 and refillable Oolong tea at S$3.80. We also ordered an additional 3-prawns with wasabi mayo at S$12.00 per plate. Simply delicious and yummy the food, and I reckon it taste even better because its all charged to the company’s account!
Total per pax is about S$109.
Only thing is that, I didn’t get to dine with James.

Cel

No comments: